- This event has passed.
Perth Rainbow Flyers Jacaranda Tour
28/11/2021,8:00 am - 11:00 amFREE
It is a free sporting event for all ages, level and ability, although participants must be able to ride at east 20km/ph for approx. 35km to 40km. Encourage all LGBTQI+ community to join us for a fun and easy morning cycle covering south of the river suburbs. The ride will go for approx. 35km on mostly flat roads with some streets full of jacaranda trees in bloom, and there will be a number of photo opportunity stop along the way.
Start: 8:00am meet at Mill Point Reserve (next to the public toilet) for 8:10am start. The ride will start as soon as the last registered rider arrived, or whichever comes first.
Distance: Approx. 35km
Grade :Easy – participants must be able to ride at least 20km/ph for approx. 35km to 40km
Suitable for: All bikes in good condition
RSVP:By 10pm 27/11/2021
You must RSVP to join the ride for safety reasons, and it’s good to RSVP early so the ride leader can contact you if plans change (for example if we call off a ride due to the weather or the ride leader felt ill). Unfortunately we can’t guarantee RSVPs on the day will be seen by the ride leader.
Happy Pride Month! Come and join us for a fun and easy morning cycle covering south of the river suburbs. We will be riding on mostly flat roads with some streets full of jacaranda trees in bloom, and there will be a number of photo opportunity stops along the way. It is especially prefect dressing up or decorating your bicycle, and wear your brightest Pride colours for this event. It gives us the chance to publicly celebrate our LGBTIQ community’s hard-earned right to live freely, to love who we want, whilst having a great deal of fun at the same time! You don’t have to dress up if you don’t want to of course. We will stop for brunch, before head to Canning Bridge train station.
By signing up for this cycling trip, you agree:
- to release Perth Rainbow Flyers and its affiliation, the trip organisers, ride leaders, sweeps, and other participants from claims for any and all injuries, losses, damages, liabilities, and costs or expenses sustained during this trip;
- that you participate at your own risk;
- to obey all Australia and WA road rules;
- that your bicycle and equipment are in good mechanical order;
- to comply with all directions given to you by the ride leader and sweep;
- that Perth Rainbow Flyers is unable to restrict the use of ride and event photos taken by participants, which may include photos of you;
- that Perth Rainbow Flyers periodically uses ride and event photos to promote future rides and events, which may include photos of you.